WEBINAR: How Advantageous is PG&E’s Option S, daily demand charge rate tariff, for Energy Storage Projects?
by Adam Gerza, Erin Christensen on Sep 08, 2021
energy storage rates
Option S rate
PG&E storage rate
In March of 2021, PG&E finished mandatory transitioning all C&I customers to their new "B" rates, which featured the 4 – 9 pm “on-peak” period. Within this new suite of rates was the new Option S, daily demand charge rate, which was designed to be a storage-friendly rate option for both the B-19 and B-20 rates. Option S marked the first time $/kW/day daily demand charges have been implemented in California.
In this webinar, we review and unpack PG&E’s Option S rate. We recently conducted an extensive analysis that studied how PG&E’s Option S rate compared to the Option R rate for energy storage savings and economics. We presented our summarized findings and quantify exactly how advantageous Option S is for commercial solar + storage projects in PG&E territory.
- Adam Gerza - VP, Business Development, Energy Toolbase
- Erin Christensen - Technical Content Specialist, Energy Toolbase
- Matt Cimo - Regional Manager, Energy Toolbase
- Timeline of Option S implementation
- Option S Eligibility Requirements
- B-19 Energy vs. Demand Charges
- Monthy vs daily demand charge breakdown
- TOU Demand Charges - Option R vs. S
- Capacity Reservation System
- Option S for energy storage projects analysis in ETB Developer
- modeled 10 customer load profiles to understand their influence on savings
- Using Energy Toolbase's product suite offering to model your Option S storage projects
Watch the full webinar below:
You can access and download the slide deckhere