WEBINAR: California C&I Energy Storage Market – State of the Union
by Sarah Wood on May 26, 2022
energy storage california
In this webinar, we explored the dynamics influencing the California C&I solar + storage market in 2022. We reviewed the headwinds and tailwinds we’re seeing in the market today, drawing from data that we’ve compiled from internal and external sources. We shared insights from anonymized aggregated data on over 100k energy storage proposals in California run on the ETB Developer platform, as well as a recent energy storage developer survey we conducted. We discussed trends we’re seeing and shared insights as we forecast where the market is headed in 2022 and beyond.
- Adam Gerza, VP Business Development
- Jordyn Fenner, Enterprise Sales
- Brandon Maze, Supply Chain Manager
- ETB Developer data. Review anonymized ESS proposal data from the ETB platform. Discuss what the data says are the strongest ESS savings opportunities.
- NEM-3. Discuss the possible effects of the pending NEM-3 decision on the economics and rate of deployments of PV+ESS projects.
- SGIP. Review SGIP reservation data. SCE recently exhausted its Large Commercial budget. How much budget and runway is left in the PG&E and SDG&E territory.
- Interconnection data. Review data trends sourced from the last few years of ESS interconnection data.
- ESS ITC update. Review the ITC step-down schedule. Discuss the possibility of standalone storage ITC legislation and what passage would mean for the market?
- ESS Supply Chain Challenges. Our Supply Chain Manager will share findings from our first quarterly report, discussing BESS supply chain challenges and prices.
- DRAM Program. Discuss how DRAM program revenues can boost project economics. How to work with ETB and our partner Leap to evaluate these opportunities.
Watch the entire webinar below:
Access the webinar slide deck here